Eric Kim, MS
My name is Eric Kim. I recently completed my MS in computer science at UCLA. In January 2017, I joined Pinterest as a software engineer, where I'll be applying my computer vision expertise to improve user experience.
My interests are: computer vision, machine learning, teaching, and the intersection of computer science and music.
I developed a novel face verification system within a multilinear framework for my MS thesis. (Link to PDF coming soon)
- FourVoices: An automatic music generator for four-part harmonies (Python).
- Automatic Digit Classification: An automatic digit classifier that applies adaptive spline models to recognize handwritten characters (Matlab).
- L1-norm Approximation: A custom primal-dual interior point solver for the L1-norm approximation problem (Matlab).
- January 2017
- Accepted a software engineer position at Pinterest!
- June 2016
- Completed my MS at UCLA!
- Aug. 13th, 2013
- I went to EVT/WOTE 2013 at Washington DC, and gave a talk about the OpenCount system, titled: "Improved Support for Machine-Assisted Ballot-Level Audits".
- Feb. 28th, 2013
- OpenCount Poster created and presented at NIST Future of Voting Systems Symposium! Poster PDF
- Jan. 9th, 2013
- Released a new blog post: "Everything You Wanted to Know About the Kernel Trick (But Were Too Afraid to Ask)".
- "Improved Support for Machine-Assisted Ballot-Level Audits"
- Eric Kim, Nicholas Carlini, Andrew Chang, George Yiu, Kai Wang, David Wagner. EVT/WOTE 2013.
- "Operator-Assisted Tabulation of Optical Scan Ballots"
- Kai Wang, Eric Kim, Nicholas Carlini, Ivan Motyashov, Daniel Nguyen, David Wagner. EVT/WOTE 2012.
- "An Analysis of Write-in Marks on Optical Scan Ballots"
- Theron Ji, Eric Kim, Raji Srikantan, Alan Tsai, Arel Cordero, David Wagner. EVT/WOTE 2011.
- July 2012, "Saving throw: securing democracy with stats, spreadsheets, and 10-sided dice." (Link)
- A neat Ars-Technica news article highlighting the research work that our group and Professor Philip Stark is doing with the OpenCount project.
- eric (DOT) kim (DOT) cs (AT) gmail (DOT) com